February is Dental Health Awareness Month!
Did you know that February is Children’s Dental Health Awareness Month? Well it is! Dental health is an important aspect of every child’s overall health and well-being. Taking care of our teeth and gums is essential for preventing painful and costly dental problems, such as cavities, gum disease, tooth loss, and dental visit worry.
Here are some tips for maintaining good dental health!
- Brush your teeth twice a day with toothpaste: Brushing your teeth regularly helps remove plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that forms on your teeth that can cause cavities and gum disease. Many dentists recommend Squigle Inc.’s Squigle Jr Xylitol toothpaste! It is free of fluoride and other harsh ingredients. However, if you are looking for a fluoride toothpaste, we would recommend Squigle Xylitol Toothpaste which does contain fluoride. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes each time, making sure to clean all sides of your teeth, tongue, gums, roof, and side walls of your mouth. Oh yes! If you need children's toothburshes, we have those too in wonderfully bright fun colors!
- Floss daily: Flossing helps remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth, where a toothbrush can’t reach. Make sure to floss gently, as aggressive flossing can irritate your gums. We recommend using XyliTEK’s Xylitol Flosses – Sponge Dental Floss or their Ultra-Strength Waxed Xylitol Dental Floss. Studies using xylitol have demonstrated a dramatic reduction in new tooth decay, along with prevention and even some reversal of existing dental tooth decay. Xylitol provides additional protection that enhances all existing prevention methods such as fluoride usage. This xylitol effect is long lasting and possibly even permanent. Low decay rates appear to persist even years after the trials have been completed. It also can help to improve bad breath. Xylitol is a natural substance widely distributed throughout nature. In fact our bodies produce microscopic amounts of xylitol from other food sources using established energy pathways.
- Use mouthwash: Mouthwash can help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. We recommend using Epic Dental’s Xylitol Mouthwash, and follow the instructions on the label to swish the xylitol fluid around in your mouth.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are essential for maintaining good dental health. Your dentist can spot potential problems early and treat them before they become more serious. It is recommended to visit the dentist at least twice a year.
- Eat a healthy diet: Your diet has a big impact on your dental health. Limit sugary and acidic foods, as these can cause cavities and erosion of your tooth enamel. Instead, choose foods that are high in calcium and phosphorus, like dairy products, leafy greens, and nuts. These minerals help keep your teeth and gums healthy. However, choosing xylitol or erythritol candies instead of sugared candies can be very beneficial to your daily dental hygiene regimen. We would recommend choosing healthy alternatives like Dr. John’s Healthy Sweets Candies, Lollipops, Taffies and Caramels, Ice Chips Xylitol Candies, Epic Dental’s Xylitol gums and mints, and Spry’s xylitol gums and mints.
- Avoid using tobacco products: While children don’t usually smoke, you as their examples in life, will have a big impact on their perception of smoking. Smoking and using tobacco products can cause serious damage to your teeth and gums. They can cause bad breath, stain your teeth, and increase your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Wear a mouth guard: If your children play sports or engage in physical activities, it is important to wear a mouth guard to protect their teeth from injury. Additionally, if you can hear your child grinding their teeth or can see them clenching, a mouth guard may be appropriate in these circumstances as well! Your dentist can provide you with a custom-fitted mouth guard that will provide the best protection.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water helps flush away food particles and bacteria in your mouth. It also helps neutralize the acid in your mouth, reducing the risk of tooth decay. In addition to these tips, it is important to be mindful of any changes in your child’s mouth, such as red or bleeding gums, persistent bad breath, or a sudden increase in sensitivity to hot or cold food and drinks. If you notice any of these symptoms, see your dentist as soon as possible.
In conclusion, taking care of your Children’s dental health is essential for maintaining a healthy and confident smile. By following these simple tips, you can keep your teeth and gums healthy for life. Don't neglect your child’s dental health, make sure to brush, floss, and visit your dentist regularly. Your child’s smile will thank you!
Shop Here for Your Child's Dental Needs!
February is Dental Health Awareness Month!
Did you know that February is Children’s Dental Health Awareness Month? Well it is! Dental health is
What is Terry Naturally DIM Complex with BCM-95® Curcumin?
Terry Naturally’s DIM Complex with BCM-95 Curcumin is a newer product from Terry Naturally that boa