Xylichew Xylitol Gum is 100% sweetened with xylitol for healthier teeth and gums, and it is made in the USA. Each piece contains 1.0 gram of xylitol. Xylichew chewing gum is sweetened with hardwood xylitol, a natural sugar substitute extracted from sustainable US and European forests.
Xylichew is gum for people seeking good oral health, quality ingredients, and great taste. Made with no chemicals or artificial sweeteners, xylichew gum promotes a healthier mouth and is safe for people with diabetes and many food allergies.
- Made in the USA
- Free of gluten -- safe for people with Celiac disease or gluten sensitivities
- Free of sugar
- Hardwood (mainly birch and beech) xylitol source
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Healthier Teeth -- Xylitol helps balance pH levels in the mouth and may reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Free of soy -- sunflower lecithin replaces the soy lecithin found in many gums.
- One of few gum brands using a totally preservative-free gum base.
Dental Benefits of Xylitol Use
Acid is your teeth's greatest enemy. Xylitol helps balance pH levels in the mouth, reducing the acid-producing bacteria that erode tooth enamel. Along with proper dental hygiene, xylitol can reduce the risk of dental caries and plaque. Xylitol-sweetened products, such as chewing gums and mints, increase salivary flow, preventing dry mouth and aiding in repair of damaged tooth enamel.
Experts who have studied the effects of xylitol on teeth recommend:
- Daily intake of 6 grams of xylitol for patients at high risk for cavities
- Use of xylitol products that actively stimulate saliva, such as xylitol gum
- Distribution of the daily intake over at least three occasions (e.g. – after meals)
- Use of 100% xylitol-sweetened products
- Sweetener: 100% Xylitol
- Xylitol Content: 1.0 gram per piece
- Manufactured in: USA from hardwood xylitol
- Flavor options: Cinnamon, Fruit, Ice Mint, Licorice, Peppermint, Pomegranate-Raspberry, Spearmint (not all flavors available in all sizes)
- Sizes: 60-pc. jars, 500-pc. bags, 12-pc. blister packs, and 288-pc. boxes (24 12-pc. blister boxes). 60-pc. jars and 500-pc. bags come in all 7 flavors. 12-pc. bllisters come in Cinnamon, Licorice, and Peppermint.
- See also: Xylitol Gum Comparison Chart and Xylitol Chewing Gum
- The xylitol that is in the gum is made from hardwood rather than from corn.
- The gum contains sunflower lecithin rather than soy lecithin.
- Xylichew is one of only a few gum brands using a gum base that is totally preservative free,
- Xylichew is also one of the few xylitol gums that is made in the USA.
- Xylitol is toxic to dogs and other animals. It is for human consumption only
- .Xylitol can cause stomach upset if too much is ingested at once and/or if it is has only been used for a short period of time and the body has yet to adjust to it.
The actual product shipped may differ in ways which Homestead Market considers to be non-material from the description of the product set forth herein. Pictures and listed ingredients may not reflect manufacturer up-dates, new formulas and re-formulations. Please inspect the product closely upon receipt and contact Homestead Market if you are not satisfied with the product which you receive.
This product should be used only in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Please read all information about the product before use. Pay particular attention to any warnings or cautionary statements from the manufacturer. If you are uncertain about the use of a product, consult the manufacturer before using the product.
Please keep xylitol away from pets. Although xylitol has many benefits for people, it can cause serious health risks for dogs. Canine consumption of xylitol can cause a sudden drop in blood sugar which may result in depression, loss of coordination, seizures, liver failure or may even be fatal. Call your veterinarian immediately if you suspect your dog has consumed any amount of xylitol.
Sugar-free Xylitol Gum is made in the USA from hardwood xylitol and comes in seven flavors: Cinnamon, Fruit, Ice Mint, Licorice, Peppermint, Pomegranate-Raspberry, and Spearmint. Each piece contains 1.0 gram of xylitol.